Wattpad launches Brand Stories
Native ad offering helps brands connect with an audience of 40 million millennials
Today, we’re excited to announce the launch of Wattpad Brand Stories, a way for brands to reach and connect with millennials and generation Z. Wattpad Brand Stories can quickly reach an audience of millions with entertaining content that drives huge lifts in brand awareness and affinity.
With Wattpad Brand Stories, brands have a unique opportunity to engage fans through entertaining story campaigns that Wattpadders love. High-performing native ad units drive users to branded content on Wattpad. Millennial and generation z users account for 80% of the Wattpad community; together they have spent close to 70 million minutes immersed in Brand Stories with Wattpad’s early brand partners.
There are many creative ways Wattpad helps brands share stories with millennials, including:
- Wattpad commissions influential writers to create original content for brands We connect brands with our most popular writers who are masters at social storytelling
- Wattpad drives fan engagement around the stories brands shareWehelp brands serialize their own stories on Wattpad. We’ll promote it to millions of young people and encourage their participation and engagement
- Wattpadhelps brands attach themselves to some of the most viral stories on the InternetWe help brands curate existing Wattpad content through sponsored Reading Lists
- Wattpad encourages young people to share stories about their favorite brandsWe encourage the Wattpad community to write and share stories about the brands they love
Leading brands have successfully used Wattpad to connect with fans around the world:
- Mondelēz International commissioned popular Wattpad writers to create stories that played with their brand theme: “Sour then Sweet” Love stories for Valentines Day. Check out examples here and here.
- Millennials spent over 3-million minutes reading these original stories
- Screenwriters of the popular USA Network series DIG, serialized the prequel of the show on Wattpad. The first episode of the hit show picks up right where the Wattpad story ends. Check out the official prequel here.
- The prequel has close to one million reads and continues to attract readers every day
- Unilever’s Eskinol brand used Wattpad to tell it’s “Face of the Day” brand message to a female, millennial audience.
- Over 880,000 young females spent 3.3 million minutes reading the commissioned Face of the Day story on Wattpad. The campaign also drove more than 1.6 million views of websiodes that were based on the Wattpad story.
Check out what Adweek has to say about Wattpad’s Brand Stories here.
To learn more about Brand Stories click here.